Make an Informed Choice
With many low-cost package options on the market, it's even more important to understand what you're paying for.
There are distinct differences in the quality of frames and lenses. Cheaper alternatives may come at a price to your vision and visual comfort. Here we highlight the basic differences you can expect in frame construction and materials so that you choose the best eyewear solution for you and your eyes.
Latest Frame Material Technologies
The latest technologies offer you greater durability and comfort than ever before, in addition to more innovative and unique frame designs.
WHY CHOOSE METAL?
In general, metal is lightweight, strong, flexible and anti-corrosive. Good quality metal frames involve up to eighty different steps in order to produce and therefore can take up to four months to manufacture. The most common materials used in metal frame construction are Titanium, Aluminium, Stainless Steel and Monel.
WHY CHOOSE PLASTIC?
While plastic frames are a little heavier and easier to break than metal alternatives, they can often be more comfortable due to their even weight distribution. They are hypoallergenic, have unique colours and beautiful detailing. The most common materials used in plastic frame construction are Acetate, Propionate and Polyamide.
Quality Frame Hardware Features:
- Shock absorbent, heat and chemical resistant hinges
- Seamless finishes and hinge joints
- Longer wearing life
Latest Frame Designs
WHAT SETS BASIC AND PREMIUM DESIGN APART?
- More attention to design detail and quality embellishments
- Unique colours, blends and patterns that are distributed throughout the frame material (as opposed to coatings which are often used in lower cost frames)
- Nose pads and moulded bridges designed for superior fit and comfort
- Proprietary designs that cannot be replicated, particularly for acetates
UNIQUE HANDCRAFTED DESIGNS
- Employ traditional hand construction and processes
- Require time and care to be invested into each frame for a premium finish
- Feature hand-placed embellishments that enable unique designs and details