Your vision is responsible for around 90% of the information we use for driving, which is why even a small change in vision is cause for concern.
We’re spending more time in our cars commuting and traffic is ever-increasing. So how do you know if you might be at risk? We break down the 7 most common contributors to crash risk so that you can safeguard your vision on the road.
7 contributors to crash risk
You are at risk if you:
- have trouble recognising details on road signs or number plates
- have difficulty judging the distance of oncoming vehicles, particularly at night
- have trouble seeing clearly in changing light conditions, e.g. from day to dusk to night
- have visual sensitivity to oncoming headlights
- need to move your head to see in side mirrors or read your dashboard clearly
- are reluctant to drive at night or in unfamiliar environments
- feel uncertainty and lack of confidence behind the wheel
Reduce your risk with 3 easy steps
- Check your vision regularly
- Protect your eyes from glare
- Wear your glasses on the road
Book an appointment today.
Our independently-owned expert optometrists are passionate about helping you enjoy a lifetime of healthy sight – and this starts with a thorough eye examination.Book your eye test now