The Convenience of Contact Lenses
The latest contact lens technologies deliver convenience, health, comfort and open up a world of possibilities!
Most of the time, wearing glasses is no problem and they can look fantastic. But there are times when glasses can get in the way – like when you want to go swimming, snorkelling, or simply want to throw on a pair of sunnies without a prescription!
The good news is that today, almost everyone who wears glasses can enjoy the freedom and convenience of contact lenses. The latest advances in materials and design mean greater health and comfort for your eyes than ever before.
Benefits of Contact Lenses
- Pursue an active lifestyle without the inconvenience of glasses
- No sore ears, red marks on your nose or slipping glasses
- Improved peripheral vision
- Make up is easier to apply
- Wear in conjunction with non-prescription sunglasses
- Lenses don’t collect rain drops or fog up or in humid conditions
- Easier use of cameras and binoculars
With the latest advancements in contact lens material and design, there is a contact lens solution out there for almost every need.
Contact Lens Material
Soft Contact Lenses – made of soft flexible plastics that contain water, allowing more oxygen to pass through the lens to the eye. Soft contacts are more comfortable than hard lenses.
Rigid Contact Lenses – less comfortable in initial stages due to the rigidity of the plastics, yet more durable than soft lenses.
Contact Lens Options for Different Wear Schedules
Traditionally, contact lenses are removed and cleaned nightly, ready for insertion the next day. However, contact lens wearers now have the option of daily contact lenses that can be thrown away or extended wear lenses that can be slept in for a recommended period.
Daily Disposable Contact Lenses (single day use): Inserted in the morning, worn through the day and discarded at night. A convenient and flexible solution that allows you to wear your glasses or contact lenses, depending on your plans for the day. A new pair every day also decreases the build up of deposits and reduces the chance of bacteria entering the eye.
Daily Wear Contact Lenses (fortnightly & monthly options): inserted in the morning, worn through the day and removed at night for cleaning. Replaced at the fortnightly or monthly intervals.
- Extended Wear Contact Lenses: Providing the freedom and flexibility of not always having to remove your lenses, these contacts can be slept in on occasion or, depending on the advice of your optometrist, can be worn continuously for up to 29 nights. A hassle free alternative to laser eye surgery. They are an effective, affordable alternative to the risks of a permanent surgical procedure.
Specialty Contact Lenses
Specialty Contact Lenses may be recommended to contact lens wearers with specific eye health needs. These include Ortho-k contact lenses which offer vision correction while you sleep, Tailor-Made lenses for those outside the normal prescription range, contact lenses for astigmatism and Multifocal contact lenses; a good solution for people experiencing Presbyopia. Learn more about these here.
Why wait? Book in a Contact Lens Consultation to find out if you're eligible.
Whether you’re looking to wear contact lenses every day or just occasionally, correct design and fitting is essential for comfort, safety and accurate vision. A ProVision optometrist can assess your suitability for contact lens wear in a Contact Lens Consultation where they will identify the lens which best fits your eyes, gives you optimum vision correction and suits your lifestyle.