We often think about eating healthy as a means to feeling and looking good – but did you know that just like other parts of our bodies, our eyes favour specific nutrients in order to function at their best? Check our these healthy food recipes for your eyes.
Here are some meal ideas, jam-packed with nutrients your eyes will love:
- Soups – pumpkin, minestrone, carrot
- Stews & casseroles – load them up with veggies
- Stir fries – change it up with different veggies and sauces
- Beef and veggie sliders – great way to get spinach into the kids!
- Roast vegetables – think carrots, sweet potato and squash
- Kale and spinach salads – throw in some broccoli or grated carrot
- Eggs – add some greens for an extra boost
- Oily fish – try a salmon bake with a side of greens
Recipes for healthy eyes
Check out two delicious recipes for the whole family, with the added bonus of being quick and easy to prepare!
Are you due for an eye test?
Eating healthy is only one piece of the puzzle when it comes to looking after our eyes. Having an eye examination every 2 years is essential for maintaining healthy sight, because it allows your optometrist to monitor any changes that may occur in your vision.Find your nearest optometrist now