This yummy honey soy salmon and veggie stir-fry by Kidgredients is a fantastic mid-week meal for the whole family to enjoy! It’s also jam-packed with omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA which are especially important for your family’s eye health – as well as being known to reduce dry eye symptoms.
Honey soy salmon and veggie stir-fry recipe
Prep time 10 minutes | Cook time 15 minutes
- 300 grams fresh Tassal salmon, skin off
- ½ red capsicum
- 1 bunch pak choy
- 1 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- wholegrain hokkien noodles 200g
- 3 tbsps vege oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsps sesame seeds
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Place the noodles in a bowl of boiling water and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Drain and put aside.
- Combine the garlic, soy sauce and honey in a jug and whisk to combine.
- Preheat the oil in a wok over high heat.
- Thinly slice the zucchini, carrot and capsicum.
- Chop the pak choy into 2cm wide pieces.
- Fry the salmon for 3 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate.
- Add the veggies and noodles to the wok.
- Add the sauce to the wok, and stirfry for 6 minutes over high heat.
- Flake the salmon into pieces with a fork.
- Put the salmon pieces into the wok and coat with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and spring onions
Are you due for an eye test?
Eating healthy is only one piece of the puzzle when it comes to looking after our eyes. Having an eye examination every 2 years is essential for maintaining healthy sight, because it allows your optometrist to monitor any changes that may occur in your vision.Find your nearest optometrist now