Protect Your Eyes from Damaging Glare & UV Rays
ProVision optometrists are committed to the long-term health and wellbeing of your eyes and that of your family’s. The complications and conditions that we know can result from accumulated UV damage to your eyes can be minimised by ensuring they are adequately protected.
While the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) radiation is an excellent source of vitamin D, too much exposure can contribute to eye conditions and diseases including cataracts, ptergium, and cancer of the skin around the eye. Sunglasses should be worn by all members of the family, including children, to guard against damage caused by exposure to the sun.
Get an Early Start
It is estimated that 80 per cent of a person’s lifetime exposure to UV is received before the age of 18.^ Children are more susceptible to UV damage because they spend more time outdoors. As the effects of UV exposure are cumulative, it is crucial that good eyewear protection habits start early in life. Read more about children’s eyewear options here.
^World Health Organisation, Fact sheet No. 261, July 2001
Combat Glare with Polarised Sunglasses
Designed to reduce glare and improve visual comfort, polarised lens technology is a feature even the most fashion savvy sunglass wearer can now enjoy.
Glare diminishes your ability to see clearly by reducing contrast and altering your perception of colour and shape. Polarised lenses are designed to eliminate reflective light from horizontal surfaces such as water, roads, pavements, snow, sand and reflective surfaces such as car exteriors.
Benefits of Polarised Lenses
- Glare Reduction - only polarised sunglasses filter out glare enabling you to maintain clear and comfortable vision
- Enhanced Colours - colours will appear more vibrant
- Improved Contrast - better clarity and depth of vision
- Greater Comfort - Your eyes will feel more rested due to reduced squinting and eyestrain
- UV Protection - maximum protection from long-term eye damage caused by exposure to UV rays
- Task Enhancing - lens colours can be matched to specific sporting and leisure activities to maximise visual performance
- Latest Designs - polarised lens technology is available in the latest sporting, leisure and fashion frame designs
- Wide Range - available in non-prescription and prescription lenses in a range of materials and lens designs
Contact a ProVision Optometrist near you to be fitted with high quality UV protection sunglasses for you and your family.